COVID-19 OFFICE CHANGES – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ THRU ENTIRE ANNOUNCEMENT
*Changes to policies can be made at any time. Please check back frequently to keep updated on our office policies during this pandemic.
- All patients are required to wear a facemask to enter our office suites. These facemasks must be worn at all times.
- We are currently still not allowing any guests to accompany patients to their appointment(s). This visitor policy is still in place due to the size of our offices, the ongoing Covid pandemic, and the current social distancing guidelines still in place by the local government. We are making exceptions for certain appointments and therefore we are allowing spouses/partners for those appointments, but for most other appointments we are still not allowing spouses/partners/guests who are 18 and older. Due to HIPAA regulations we will not be disclosing more specifics. Please understand that we are doing this to protect our patients and our staff. Please do not assume you are able to bring your spouse/partner to your upcoming appointment.
- If you have any of the following symptoms or can answer YES to any of the following items, please contact our office to reschedule or receive guidance regarding your appointment.
- Temperature of 100.4⁰F or higher, cough or shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, or new loss of taste or smell
- Within the past 14 days:
- Have you traveled outside of the State?
- Have you been in contact with someone who has recently returned or flew in from out of State?
- Have you or anyone in your household had recent exposure to an individual who has tested positive for Covid-19?
- Have you or anyone in your family been recently tested for Covid-19?
Thank you for all of your support and we appreciate your understanding during this pandemic. We are doing everything we can to help patients and keep the community and our offices safe and healthy.