DUE TO PANDEMIC SURGE: IMPORTANT COVID-19 OFFICE POLICY CHANGES EFFECTIVE 08/04/2021
PLEASE READ THROUGH ENTIRE ANNOUNCEMENT
*Changes to policies can be made at any time. Please check back frequently to keep updated on our office policies during this pandemic.
- All patients are required to wear a facemask to enter our office suites. These facemasks must be worn at all times.
- Due to the current rise in Covid positive cases, we are no longer allowing any guests to accompany patients to their appointment. No children will be allowed during the pandemic. This is for their own safety. Please plan accordingly. If patient needs assistance to and from their appointment (e.g. patient can’t or doesn’t drive), they may be assisted to our Suite, but must remain outside of our office for the duration of the appointment.
- Regardless of vaccination status, if inter-island, domestic, or international travel has occurred, we ask that there be at least 7 days between your arrival on Oahu and your non-urgent appointment. During these 7 days, you must remain symptom free and feeling in good health. If the 7-day duration period is not possible, please contact our office for further guidance. Again, this is for NON-URGENT appointments only.
- Regardless of vaccination status, if you have any of the following symptoms or can answer YES to any of the following items, please contact our office to reschedule OR receive guidance regarding your appointment.
- Temperature of 100.4⁰F or higher, cough or shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, or new loss of taste or smell
- Within the past 14 days (regardless of vaccination status):
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled (inter-island, domestic, or internationally)?
- Have you or anyone in your household been in contact with someone who has recently returned or flew in from inter-island, domestic, or international travel?
- Have you or anyone in your household had recent exposure to an individual who has tested positive for Covid-19?
- Have you or anyone in your family been recently tested for Covid-19?
Thank you for all of your support and we appreciate your understanding during this pandemic. We are doing everything we can to help patients and keep the community and our offices safe and healthy. Hawaii Women’s Healthcare, LLC fully supports and recommends those eligible in getting vaccinated against Covid-19 do so to help end this pandemic.